Ahhh my first post! Such excitement!
Welcome to my blog, thankyou for taking the time out of your busy lives to have a read of my thoughts, and I truly hope you enjoy it.
I will just let you know that this blog has actually been set up for quite a while now, however I have been “stewing” over what to make as my first post! Yes; I am an extremely bad decision maker and when it all gets too hard I do tend to just throw it in the too hard bin until later..
I have put together a list of a few things about me…..in the hope it might give you some insight into why I’m here in the first place!
1) Well, I’m a country girl; I grew up in Rosa Brook (Margaret River), complete with sunflower fields, grape vines and corn patches until I was 12, and then made the move with the family to Collie. I met my lovely husband in the fishing village of Lancelin 7 years ago, and haven’t looked back since. He has changed my life so extraordinarily that sometimes I think I have to pinch myself to wake up from this dream.
2) Hubby and I packed up and trekked off to our tropical paradise Broome, in October 2011. We travelled to Darwin and back when we first met and have always known that we would one day be living back in this part of the country. It may not be permanent, but we’re happy for now and that’s all that matters.
3) I am extremely protective of my family. I also have an amazing group of pals who I love (and miss!) dearly. I am beyond grateful for these amazing friendships and have realised that although friends have come and gone, each and every one of them have all helped shape me into the person I am today.
4) I have the most beautiful little friend in my familiar; an Indian Ringneck Parrot who goes by the name of Peach. She is bright yellow, has the personality of a 7 year old princess and I swear she thinks she is human. She is even toilet trained! To a certain extent anyway: if she needs to go to the ‘ladies’, she will climb off me and onto the hubby, do her business, and then ever so elegantly climb back onto me. Clever little pumpkin.. Peach is currently sitting on my shoulder, alternating between preening her own feathers, and my hair!
5) 2012 is my year to learn French. Watch this space…
6) I am an extremely proud Leo. I have a penchant for bohemian hippy trends, I take pride in my hair, and patience is most definitely not a strong point of mine. I believe in standing up for what you believe in, and not letting the haters bring you down.
7) I openly admit that my high school experience was certainly not as grande as I have heard it to be for some other pals, and therefore I have very strong feelings towards bullying and emotional abuse towards children and teens. Unfortunately our 16 year old minds don’t know the things that our 26 year old minds do, otherwise I am sure I would have certainly had a different experience of high school life.
8) I am at peace when I am reading, listening to music, beading or trying out new crafts/challenges, relaxing on the beach with the hubby or being still in a garden.
9) I am slightly obsessed with trees. I like to climb them, sit under them, gaze into them, talk about them, swing amongst them, dream about them, and hug them. My favourite tree is the Jacaranda, although I have a rather traumatic experience from when I was a kid, having stepped on a friendly bee under a Jacaranda tree, and not been able to get the sting out, screaming blue murder until my mum came out and removed the sting.
10) I.LOVE.MARILYN.MONROE. Yes, slightly clichéd, but I absolutely adore the entire 50s / 60s era, dream about what it would be like to have grown up then, and read every biography I come across on the ethereal Marilyn. I love her effortless glamour, her sweet voice, that swagger of the hips and of course those scarlet lips.
11) I dream of one day (hopefully very soon!) travelling to Greece and Croatia, and meeting family who up until a few years ago I never realised I had. Of course I won’t be able to understand a word they are saying; but will gladly learn and take in as much of their language and culture as possible!
12) My favourite books of all time are those that would take me to another world when I was a kid….The Chronicles of Narnia, The Secret Garden, Mountains Meadows & Moonbeams, and the likes.
13) I am a glutton for Mexican food. Give me a bowl of nachos and a margarita and I am a happy lady.
14) I have recently taken an active step towards cutting out all Animal Tested products from our house. I have even more recently taken a step towards going completely au naturel and cutting out chemicals from our day to day products, ie: hair products, body products, cleaning products. I look forward to discovering more ways to make my household chemical free, and also to sharing my finds with you through this blog.
15) I am happy, I am healthy, I am so very much in love with the most brilliant man I have ever met, and I am making the most out of this hand I have been dealt. I believe you have complete control over your destiny, and I have no time for people who would rather sit by and let their lives waste away, rather than stand up and choose the path they wish to travel.